Tuesday 5 June 2012

Funky Finds... Sunglasses and Silk Scarf


So this Bank Holiday weekend, I have been sewing and *slightly* shopping- I'm trying to be good. So, in Galway (I'm a English lass, living with and marrying a Dutchman and living in West Ireland) there is a Sunday market not too far away, it's in the most ugliest settings- a half built, half abandoned business park (yes, grey) and businesses and average folk sell stuff.

Apart from excitingly adding to my herb windowsill.... with Applemint, a Baby Basil and Chives.... Fresh herbs rock. Fact.





Have a look at these from GANT for SS12:


I think I hit jackpot, without spending a fortune...



 
Scarf: 50c (yes, half a euro)
Sunglasses: €3




The silk scarf is also a pleasure, going back to my colour default of navy and my new love, hints of red. I don't know ladies and gentlemen... I love buying vintage/cheap/quality and I am persistently becoming averse to spending money on naff quality from VERY iffy sources. Just look at the turmoil that Roobeedoo goes through trying to find the ethical policies of the bigger clothes companies. Basically it's like having a chat with a politician regarding a boo-boo in the cabinet. It is becoming more and more apparent that the clothes that I have bought before from seemingly 'good-will' companies have just been a mass of words with absolutely no meaning.

You can't polish a turd, but you can get glitter to stick to it*

On that note, I am going to complete Lesson 12 of 15 of the Bombshell Dress- 'Adding the Zipper'. I'll keep you posted.

Bundana

X


*Phrase of the week. I have also mustered up...

"Not all that shimmers is gold, but dogs eat tinsel"

Hmmmm, I see a very unsettling pattern of my sayings here. No more. Promise.

8 comments:

  1. I used to live in Carlow (many years ago). Our market was next to a slaughter house, the stench was horrific! Love the scarf and the glasses were definitely a great find. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am well happy with them! Some mad things can go off in Ireland, as you probably aware! It's an experience!

      Thanks for your comment

      Bx

      Delete
  2. You can't polish a turd is one of my faves, along with all fur coat and no knickers lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love that one. Very appropraite for some of the crapola you find in modern society too! hahaha

      Bx

      Delete
  3. You can't polish a turd but you can put glitter on it is an old advertising fave. You should watch the Gruen transfer if you like stuff like that. They trawl all kinds of cool (and awful) marketing stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it really?! Well blummin' 'eck! I thought I had made it up!! Hahahaha. Just goes toshow you how advertising goes into the subconscious!

      Thanks for letting me know!!

      Bx

      Delete
  4. Hello Caff. Thanks for stopping by my blog - I love discovering new blogs this way. I look forward to reading more - you've made some great things for a beginner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to meet you too! I love bloglovin' for reading blogs but there is nowt like GFC to show appreciation! hahaha.

      I am a beginner with big aspirations!

      Really nice to meet you and anyone reading this comment, please visit Katy's lovely blog!

      Delete

Please feel free to comment!